Frequently asked questionsImportant questions about your vacation
On your arrival day, you can check in to your accommodations between 3 and 7 pm. If the room becomes available beforehand, you can check in earlier. If you arrive later, your room cards will be deposited at the reception for you!
On your day of departure, we ask that you check out by 10 am. If your room has not been reserved by another guest, guests who have booked directly with us are free to use it during the day for free. For guests who have booked through various internet platforms such as booking.com, a late check-out is available for an additional charge of € 30, -.
- Self-catering in the apartments or chalets
- Breakfast roll delivery service (daily order of fresh bread and pastries)
- Breakfast from the buffet in the "Zirbenstube" at the Appart Montana for an extra fee of:
- € 15 per person (from 13 years of age)
- € 11 per child (6 to 12 years)
- € 4 per little child (3 to 5 years)
- 3-course half-board evening meal in the restaurant Montana Alm (in the neighboring house) for an extra fee of:
- € 21 per person (from 13 years of age)
- € 17 per child (6 to 12 years)
- € 5 per little child (3 to 5 years)
You are welcome to eat à la carte in the Montana Alm!
Yes! Have you decided to enjoy just breakfast or would you like half-board? No problem! Simply place your order the evening before and enjoy the next day.
In Appart Montana, there is a small wellness area with two finnish saunas, steam bath, and infrared cabin. You can use the wellness area for free if you are staying in a chalet (onliy in winter), in a double room, a junior suite, or an apartment in Appart Montana.
Right in front of the house, there are plenty of parking spaces where you can park your car for free. For an extra fee of € 6 per day, you can park your car in the underground garage.
In Hochfügen there is no supermarket or shops. There is only a small kiosk at the mountain hotel. At Appart Montana we also have a small kiosk for toiletries as well as a drinks and sweets machine. In the village of Fügen (about 20 minutes by car from Montana in Hochfügen) you will find supermarkets and sports shops. We recommend that you do your bulk purchase before arrival!
Skiing or snowboarding courses, a skilled ski guide, and skiing equipment or equipment for winter hiking or snowshoeing can be rented from our partner, Kostenzer Ski School/Ski Rental (100 m from the Montana):
- Cross-country skiing on the high-altitude trail right around the corner
- Tobogganing on the floodlit toboggan run
- Winter hiking or snowshoeing right outside the door
- Chilling in cozy lounge chairs at the Montana Alm
Yes! On request and for an extra fee of € 20 per day (not incl. food), you can bring your four-legged friend with you.
You drive to Hochfügen high at 1500m altitude and it can come here at any time to snow chains compulsory. So if you do not have an all-wheel drive car, you have to have snow chains with you!